Cuộc thi Sáng tạo video "Adelaide in your eyes"
Du học

Study UK

The UK has become one of the top destinations to study around the world with traditions of excellence dating back hundreds of years, high class institutions on every corner, and much more flexibility than many other countries.
Consultation Booking

Study in the UK Overview

The U.K.’s education system combines classic British traditions and values with world-leading teaching and academic excellence. As a global leader in education, the U.K. has a time-honoured tradition of welcoming international students to primary, secondary and higher education institutions. Students from abroad benefit from the outstanding quality in education and opportunities to experience a dynamic and engaging academic environment.

Britain is also home to the two most venerable universities in the world; Oxford and Cambridge, as well as several other prestigious institutions such as Imperial College London and the University of Edinburgh. Universities across the U.K. offer modern campuses and state-of-the-art facilities, attracting over 240,000 international students each year.

a. Nursery and Reception

Similar to other crèches around the world, formal education for pre-school children in the U.K. is optional. Children can start participating in playgroups or nursery school from ages 3 or 4.

More formal nursery education has become the norm for preschool-aged children in the U.K., with local government providing funding for nurseries. Children complete Early Learning from ages 4 to 5 at Reception.

The British Government’s Childcare Act 2006 established a number of Welfare Requirements and Learning and Development Requirements for children under 5 years old (after which compulsory education begins) which ensure that children receive the appropriate level of teaching in literacy, numeracy and social interaction.

b. Primary school

Primary education for 5 to 11-year-old children is divided into "infant school" for the first 2 years and "juniors" in the last 4 years. From the age of 7, students begin to study core subjects and are also encouraged to participate in such extracurriculars as Art, Computer Science or Music.

c. Secondary school

There are just over 4,000 secondary schools in the U.K. which enroll students from 11 to 16. The majority of secondary schools are concentrated in England.

Some of these schools are comprehensive schools (with many different programs and timetables), technology colleges, or other specialized schools (grammar school).

Secondary education in England, Wales and Northern Ireland end with students completing their GCSE diploma (General Certificate of Secondary Education) in 5 subjects. In Wales and Northern Ireland, students must pass between A* - C, and in England, they are graded from 9-1 (with 9 being the highest.)

Secondary schools in Scotland have the Scottish Qualifications Certificate with National / Intermediate exams that are equivalent to GCSEs. However, a growing number of students in Scotland take GCSEs at private institutions to make the process of university applications easier.

After receiving a GCSE or Scottish SQC diploma, students who wish to enroll at university continue with the 2-year program to receive the A Levels Certificate (General Certificate of Education Advanced Level). Completing the A-Levels is the general requirement for entrance to university for home students.

Universities in the U.K. welcome international students who have finished their secondary education in their home country, with entry requirements varying between different institutions and depending on what program you choose.

d. Undergraduate qualifications


The Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate is a formal academic certificate completed after 2 years of study and is the equivalent to a foundation degree.

The Higher National Certificate (HNC) is a similar certification and represents a qualification of higher education, but is usually studied part time.

These two qualifications are regarded as job-training certificates with the aim of gaining experience instead of studying theory or improving academic knowledge like other typical university programs. The HNC and HND can also help you enter some 2 or 3 year degree programs. These certificates can be obtained at a college or some universities across the U.K.

The HNC in Scotland is a formal 1 year course. It is equivalent to the first year of a bachelor's degree, and the HND is similar to the second year of a degree. In many cases, there are plenty of opportunities for students with a HNC to transfer into the second year of a university program, and to study at third year with a HND.

Diploma of Higher Education

A DipHE is a higher education qualification in the U.K. which is given to students after 2 years of full-time study at a higher education institution. This certificate is equivalent to two-thirds of the undergraduate program and it allows students to directly enter into the second or third year of a bachelor's degree. This option can help students reduce their studying time and complete the program earlier.

Foundation degrees (FdA, etc.)

These programs comprise two-year undergraduate courses, equivalent to the first year of a university program. You can choose such subjects as art and design, journalism and communications, engineering or hotel management.

This provides a vocational alternative to a traditional degree where students undergo professional job training as well as academic study. With this degree, you can enter the job market after completing the course or choose to continue studying to get complete an undergraduate degree.

Bachelor’s degrees

In the U.K., bachelor’s programs usually last for 3 years and lead to an honours degree such as a Bachelor of Communication or Bachelor of Business. In Scotland, it takes three years for students to complete their normal Bachelor's Degree and four years for a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours.

University degrees in Scotland in humanities or social sciences are awarded a Master's of Arts (Master of Social Studies, Master of Science or Master of English, etc.), if the student has studied at one of Scotland’s ancient universities.

For the majority of university programs, the results of the first year are not included in the final degree classification. The results for the 2nd and 3rd year, combined with the extra score of the graduation thesis (you may have to write a research essay in 3rd year), will constitute your final score when you graduate. Normally, you will choose from a wide range of subjects (modules), some are compulsory and others are optional, which will constitute your daily learning program in the course.

Most institutions offer joint honours programs, which creates an opportunity for students to study two majors in the same program. The combined program includes different specializations that do not necessarily have the same features (e.g. a Bachelors in Business and French). Combined courses are the same as other degree programs, it require an extra year for students to gain enough realistic experience in both courses. This usually means that the course lasts 4 years instead of 3.

Sandwich Degree Programs

A "sandwich degree" program gives students the opportunity to have an internship or work experience in the U.K. or around the world. This university program lasts 4 years instead of the usual 3 years. Students will study the first 2 years of the program, then undertake employment for 1 year before returning to school to complete the final year. Students sometimes have the chance to be paid for their work in the third year.

Universities in the U.K. offer a wide variety of valuable scholarships, including partial and full scholarships as well as many study encouragement scholarships for Vietnamese students with exceptional final academic results.

Many Vietnamese students have successfully applied for scholarships through StudyLink. If you wish to apply for a U.K. scholarship to study abroad, StudyLink's counselors are always willing to help and provide the most useful advice to increase your success.

The U.K. government only allows international students to work up to twenty hours a week. Therefore, working part-time in restaurants, restaurants, supermarkets, babysitting, or teaching foreign languages ​​are the most common options for international students. Depending on the study program and class schedule, students who wish to work part time should choose an appropriate amount of hours per week.

Wages are usually paid by the hour, averaging between £4 and £7 per hour. However, if you're lucky, you could be paid up to £10 per hour.

Contact us today for more information on studying abroad in Britain. With over 15 years of experience, our dedicated and professional staff are ready to help answer any queries you might have and get you started on your study abroad journey.